Hey there, friends!
Skincare is the basis of so many of the questions I have been receiving lately. Over the last two years, I’ve been on quite an exciting skincare journey and it’s been really exciting to see that you, too, want to take better care of your skin after neglecting it earlier in life. One of the first things that I did was try out multiple notable skin care brands’ products to see what brand works best for me. This was certainly not fun because skincare can be so expensive and some of the products can be so harsh on your skin. This is why TULA was such a breath of fresh air when I found it in April 2016. It completely changed my skin. Fewer breakouts. More hydration. Less oil. Minimized fine lines. Less redness. More confidence!
TULA has been a part of the skincare conversation I’ve been having with y’all for the last two years. One of my most frequently asked questions when it comes to skincare is ‘I want to try TULA, but what products should I start with?’ so today, I thought I’d share the five products I use the most frequently to give y’all some guidance as to what I love the most and where to start if you’re unsure!
• PURIFYING FACIAL CLEANSER: If you try ONE product by TULA, I’d suggest this one. I typically take my makeup off prior to using it with a makeup wipe and then I splash a little bit of warm water on my face. Then, I put a little bit of the cleaner on the brush head of my Clairsonic, run it under warm water for just a second, then get started on washing my face by turning on the Clairsonic and moving over your entire face in small circular motions. This cleanser starts as a gel and what I love about it is that it leaves your skin feeling SO clean, not dry or tight. I always have a new bottle of this cleanser ready to go while I’m working on one and I always bring two travel sized ones with me on trips [on my long ones, I definitely need two].
• PRO-GLYCOLIC 10% PH RESURFACING GEL: After I cleanse my skin, I always use a toner for additional cleansing and resurfacing. Usually, toners are filled with quite a bit of alcohol to get dirt and grime off your skin but that actually strips the outer layers of your skin and leads to signs of aging. What I love about this product is that there is absolutely NO alcohol and, instead, it combines 100% natural probiotics and glycolic acid to gently slough off dead skin cells and remove excess dirt and oil. I can promise you my skin NEVER feels tight or dried out. I simply apply two pumps of product on a couple of cotton balls and evenly smooth it over my face in the morning and at night after I wash my face with the cleanser.
• HYDRATING DAY & NIGHT CREAM: This is my absolute favorite moisturizer I’ve ever used! It’s non-toxic and packed with probiotics that deliver deep hydration to my skin. I truly believe that the radiance and clarity that my skin exudes has so much to do with this product. It is worth noting that this product has retinol [Vitamin A] in it, which promotes cell turnover. Cell turnover means that new skin cells are being produced and traveling from the lower layers of the skin to the top and then shedding off. This prevents dead cells from cells from building up on your skin so you definitely want to use products that facilitate this process. However, cell turnover creates new skin which is very delicate and should never be exposed to the sun so I only use this product at night. When retinol is exposed to the sun, it breaks down very quickly so it’s best to use this product at night to allow for this process not be interrupted. Another perk to only using it at night is that your money goes further!
• MULTI-SPECTRUM EYE RENEWAL SERUM: This product is packed with caffeine, extracts and herbs that aid in reducing puffiness and the appearance of fine lines. The cool tip applicator that the product comes out of feels so good against my tired skin in the morning and anything cool always helps minimize puffiness, as well. I apply this in the morning to help wake up the look of my skin after I have applied my moisturizer. One pump of product releases is enough for both eyes.
• DAILY PROBIOTIC SUPPLEMENT: This is the newest TULA product that I’ve incorporated into my daily regimen. Probiotics help improve the natural balance of your digestive system. What makes TULA’s probiotic even more than your average probiotic is that it also incorporates vitamins and supplements to promote better skin health. It actually includes your daily dose of Vitamin C, as well! This probiotic, unlike most of the ones you can find over the counter, was specifically created by a doctor and clinically tested by 150 individuals for safety and efficiency. I take one pill once a day with breakfast. Make sure you take it with a full stomach.
Something else I really love about TULA is that their products really are much more reasonably priced than some other skincare lines I’ve used in the past and, as I’ve mentioned, they work so much better! However, I do realize that everyone’s skin is different and it’s still quite an investment when you’ve never used the products yourself. One thing I’d encourage you to do if you just want to try them first is to invest in a ‘kit’ before buying full size bottles of products. Here are the two kits that I’d recommend that include the products that I’ve shared above:
Okay … now for a fun announcement!
I’m so excited to help TULA launch their newest product that I’ve been testing for the past three weeks. It’s called the Kefir Ultimate Recovery Mask and recovers dry skin and any visible signs of distress. Let’s be honest … the Winter can be absolutely brutal on our skin, especially for those of you in dry climates! This mask has kept my skin supple and nourished throughout the Winter as well as extremely soft. I use it twice a week. Once I apply the mask to my face, I let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Then, to remove, I use a damp towel or cloth to wipe it off but then massage in what is left behind into your skin. Do not rinse your face with water to take off the mask. I would not recommend this product for those of you with oily skin!
This mask launches this week but Sequins & Things readers get early access to this product … PLUS 25% OFF + FREE SHIPPING! Enter code sequinstula at checkout! Code is good through 3/1 so hurry hurry!
If you’re wondering what Kefir is, it’s a fermented milk drink that is packed with probiotics, vitamins and minerals that is known to provide extreme hydration and nourishment to skin. TULA has worked Kefir in to a recent line of products that are especially helpful for anyone with dry skin. These products help your skin hold on to moisture better and longer.
I hope this post has been informative and helpful for you! Please let me know if you have any additional questions in the comments below and I’ll do my best to get back to you very soon. I sure do hope you love TULA as much as I do! They’re products have truly made me feel so much better in my own! 🙂
Also, the winner of the Sony a5100, camera case and 32GB SD card never reached out to claim her prize so I chose another winner at random this afternoon:
PLEASE EMAIL ME WITHIN 24 HOURS OR I’LL HAVE TO PICK ANOTHER WINNER! THANK YOU! xo.