Happy Friday! I’ve been getting so inspired for the holidays lately, that it took all I had to not pull a Buddy the Elf move at midnight on November 1st! I love this time of the year so much, but before I deck the halls of my condo with Christmas decor, let’s take a moment to appreciate that Thanksgiving Day is less than two weeks away!
I absolutely love Thanksgiving and what it represents in my circle of family and friends. You better believe that good food, football, and a mid-day nap are always pillars of my personal Thanksgiving Day 😉 … but the holiday means so much more than that. It means setting aside the rigors of everyday life and sharing special moments with those closest to you. It’s about appreciating our health and the nourishment on the plate in front of us, thanking Him for the blessings in our lives, and remembering how lucky we truly are to have people who love us.
All of the festive home decor pieces you see here are linked in the widget below:
Speaking of people I lovvve … I am so excited to be spending Thanksgiving in London this year with Victoria and Whitney! We are doing a “Friendsgiving” celebration with a big group, and I could not be more excited! I’m on beverage duty for the party, so I did a practice run this week with three AMAZING Thanksgiving cocktails – Harvest Punch, Cranberry Mules, and Apple Cider Mimosas!
This recipe makes about 10 servings. Perfect for a party!
- 6 c. ice
- 1/2 gal. apple cider
- 1 bottle prosecco
- 1 c. vodka
- 2 (12-oz.) bottles ginger beer
- 3 apples, sliced
- 2 oranges, sliced into triangles
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- Cinnamon sugar, for rimming glass
- Put ice in a large punch bowl. Pour in apple cider, prosecco, vodka, and ginger beer. Add apples, oranges, and cinnamon sticks.
- Stir to combine.
- Rim glasses with cinnamon sugar and serve. [Hot tip – use one of the oranges to rim the glasses so it’s not too wet!]
This recipe is for a single serving! I’d recommend making these one at a time, best for a smaller get-together BUT also really easy for guests to make on their own!
- 2 oz. cranberry juice
- 2 oz. vodka
- 1/4 c. lime juice [I used Rose’s Lime Juice for something a little sweeter!]
- 3 oz. ginger beer
- Whole cranberries
- Combine cranberry juice, vodka and lime in a copper mug or glass filled with ice.
- Fill the rest of the mug with ginger beer and stir lightly to combine.
- Place a handful of cranberries on top.
- Garnish with a lime wedge if desired.
Apple Cider Mimosas
This recipe yields about 5-6 servings. They are SO tasty and perfect for Thanksgiving brunch!
- 10 -12 oz. apple cider
- 1 bottle of champagne/prosecco
- ground cinnamon to garnish the rim [I used cinnamon sugar]
- Add ground cinnamon [and equal parts sugar if you want cinnamon sugar]. Wet the rim of each champagne flute with fruit or water and dip in the cinnamon to coat the rim of the glass.
- Add 2 oz. of apple cider to each champagne flute.
- Top with champagne.
- Add thin slice of apple for garnish if desired.
Y’all know I can’t leave you today without talking about this decor! Everything is linked at the end of this post for my bar cabinet, my outfit and my outdoor patio decor – but I did want to point out a few pieces and some sales going on right now!
The gorgeous marble wallpaper mural you see behind my bar cabinet was so generously gifted to me by Anewall! Y’all, they have the absolute CUTEST murals for any room in your home. Since I rent my condo, I opted for the self-adhesive vinyl option as I will be able to remove it whenever I move on to a new place! But, if you prefer a more permanent option, you can also choose from traditional or pre-pasted wallpaper! Check out all the options here!
There are two big home decor sales going on that involve both my outdoor patio furniture AND a lot of what you see on my bar cabinet!
- Target is currently running a 15-30% off outdoor furniture sale, making my entire patio set under $200 and my outdoor rug under $120! Both are an absolute STEAL. I know it’s getting cold for most of you and patio furniture is the last thing on your minds right now, but with these prices … any time of year is a good time to snag these pieces!
- World Market is running a 40% off sale on all furniture, and 20% off everything for the table, including dinnerware, flatware, table linens and stemware! That means … you guessed it! Most of the cocktail glasses you see on my bar cabinet are on sale! That includes these stemless wine glasses, these champagne flutes, and these bubble glass goblets!
What are y’all up to for Thanksgiving? Let me know in the comments below! Thanks for stopping by today! xo.