What to pack
I opted for bright colors, rattan & gold accessories, and breathable fabrics! It was hot!
Know before you go
Haley's Top 5 Tips:
- People in Cartagena speak Spanish and there are not a lot of locals who speak English. Brush up on key phrases and words while also keeping your Google Translate app handy.
- Most restaurants accept credit cards, but street vendors and taxis are cash only. Only use ATMs located in banks, the airport, or your hotel.
- The best time to visit Cartagena, and a majority of the country of Colombia, is December to March because it holds the mildest temperatures and it rains the least.
- With taxis, make sure you negotiate price ahead of time and bring cash.
- As a traveler, it’s important to understand the safety risk involved with the destination you are venturing to before making set plans. To do this, I always look at the U.S. Department of State website.