What to pack
Mexico is all about comfort, color, and protection from the sun!
Know before you go
Haley's Top 5 Tips:
- Adventure in Mexico is at your fingertips, and so is the unique Mexican culture. However, you have to be okay with ‘roughing it’ a little to truly enjoy your time in more remote places like Tulum.
- DO NOT DRINK THE WATER. Anywhere.
- Whale shark diving season in Mexico is typically June through September, though that can change with events like tropical storms.
- Taxis are the main way to get from point A to point B. They’re super common and it’s really affordable because everything is pretty close together. It’s just really hot so that’s why people opt not to walk a lot.
- Places will always accept pesos but may also accept US dollars. However, if they allow you to pay in US dollars, make sure you know THAT DAY’s dollar-to-peso exchange rate.
A quick guide to helpful Spanish phrases:
Hola – Hello!
Gracias – Thank you!