Hey friends! Happy Wednesdayyyy!
One of the most frequently asked questions I receive is about designer items. They run the gamut, to be honest, from ‘which designer purchase have you used the most?’ to ‘how do you store and protect your designer items?’ so today I thought I’d tackle one of my most recents designer purchase questions:
‘If you could choose three designer items to invest in for the Summer, what would they be?’
This is clearly a rhetorical question and fueled by playful curiosity. Investing in three designer pieces in one season would be quite expensive BUT … if you’ve been saving, I would never judge you, girlfriend!! What I love about the answer that I have for this question is that you will actually be able to get a lot of use out of these items no matter what season we’re in! They’re all very practical, will stand the test of time, and be staples in your everyday wardrobe! Well, at least two of the three will, ha!
David Yurman Link Bracelet
I’ve lost track of how many years I’ve had my David Yurman Extra Large Link Bracelet but, if I’m certain about anything it’s that this bracelet has served me well and I have gotten more than my money’s worth! I wear it all the time. I know y’all have seen it in over a hundred blog and Instagram posts. Here’s what I love about it and why I’d recommend considering it for a future designer purchase:
• It comes in two sizes. While I don’t want you to cry me a river, shopping for bracelets has always been challenging for me because I have really thin wrists. Everything is always way too big and falls right off my hand. As someone who loves to express themselves through what they wear, I’ve always found this to be annoying but, this David Yurman Link Bracelet caught my attention because it comes in a 7.5-inch option that works great for us small-wristed humans.
• It’s made of high quality materials. You can bet that this bracelet will be in your jewelry collection for years and years to come. While you will still want to clean it, it will not tarnish the way knock-off’s do over time because it’s made of sterling silver and 18-karat yellow bonded gold.
• It has a classic silhouette. Link bracelets aren’t trendy. They’re timeless so they will ALWAYS be in style!
HEADS UP! I got mine from Nordstrom because if, heaven forbid, anything happens to it … they will take it back or help get it fixed for you. Their customer service is the best of the best so you can rest assured that you’re covered in a worst-case scenario situation.
Gucci Soho Cross Body
I’ve raved about my Gucci Soho Cross Body as being one of my favorite investment purchases quite a few times since I purchased it in 2017. Personally, if you make one investment purchase this Summer, this handbag would be the most practical and get the most use! Here’s what I love about it and why I think it’s worth the splurge:
• It has an adjustable strap to suit everyone’s height.
• It has a deceptively spacious interior. I can fit so much in it. See more in this post!
• It has a little bit of storage in the form of two slit pockets for credit / debit cards, business cards or receipts, which gives the Type A side of me very happy.
• The neutral colored interior makes it so easy to see what’s in the bag.
• Since it’s made of pebbled leather, it’s super soft to the touch and doesn’t scratch easily.
• It’s made of great quality leather so it’ll stand the test of time!
Overall, the Gucci Soho is also ideal for Summer because it spacious enough to fit everything you need, has a zipper to offer adequate security for your items, and leaves you hands free. Being hands free is a must for me in the Summer, I don’t want to be holding my purse in one hand and a beer in another when I’m out with friends. I want something no fuss and low-key. This is also my favorite handbag to bring on my travels for all of those same reasons. I like to have my hands free when I’m traveling so I can give everything to taking photos!
A pair of designer sunglasses is my last recommendation for a Summer designer investment purchase. While you’re paying a large price up front, you’re wearing this investment every single day and they’re typically made much better than cheaper options so be able to handle all of that wear so much better! I’ve had these Karen Walker sunglasses for years and also a pair by Gucci that I wear a lot, as well. Those are my go-to’s! Here are some newbies I’ve had my eye on:
If designer purchases just aren’t something you can do right now, let’s switch gears and talk about the rest of my outfit! These adorable sandals have been worn SO MUCH since I bought them last month. I can’t get enough of them! They’re so comfortable and go with everything! They’re a little pricey but I know they’ll be a staple in my Summer wardrobe for a few years! This printed maxi dress was what I wore on John and I’s last night in Barbados. I don’t know about you but I am always a little too sun-kissed on the last night of summer vacations to be able to handle anything but a loose-fitting long dress. Here are a few others that fit the bill if this one doesn’t fit your fancy:
All of these items are available at Nordstrom, which is just another reason to love the retailer. You can always depend on Nordstrom to have a wide variety of products and departments to serve your needs. They also do a wonderful job ensuring their website is easy to shop, providing valuable details about each item making it easy to decide whether the product is for you, and have the best return policy of any other online retailer. If you’re new to shopping at Nordstrom, I’d encourage you to learn more about the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale that’s coming up in a couple of weeks! It’s basically the Super Bowl of all sales! In my opinion, it’s bigger than Black Friday. The sale offers majorly slashed prices on quality Fall and Winter clothing items that are BRAND. NEW. They’re not marked down because they’re trying to get rid of stock. They’re slashing prices to new merchandise before the most expensive clothing seasons get here so you can go ahead and stock up on what your wardrobe needs before you actually need it! You can find more information HERE and you can bet I’ll be talking more about it more soon on IG stories! I’ll be your one-stop-shop for all things Nordstrom Anniversary Sale so, if you ever have any questions, feel free to send me a message!
Alright, y’all! I’m off! Thank you so much for stopping by today! xo.