Hi, friends, happy Monday! I know I say this every month, but where did the last 30 days go?! How is it already June? Time is just absolutely flying right now and I can’t keep up! I’m so excited about this month, though because I’m finally starting to shoot new content for you ladies again, getting out and about more in London, and I’m just generally excited about life, ha! Sounds a little cheesy but after the last year, my heart is ready for a whole lot of living right about now! Anyway, let’s dive into May’s favorites, lots of good ones per usual!
Your 10 Monthly Favorites For May
10. Spanx Bra-llelujah Mama Maternity/Nursing Bra
I wrote a whole post on nursing bras I tried out while breastfeeding, and I’m so happy to see that has been useful to y’all. The Spanx nursing bra is super soft and I totally understand why so many of you snagged it throughout May.
9. A&F Curve Love High Rise Mom Jeans
Ah, I am LIVING in these jeans right now and I love that you girls love them too! They’re honestly such great dupes of a much more expensive pair that I also have, but I highly recommend these for an under $100 option.
8. Reebok Classic Leather Sneaker
Love a neutral sneaker for Spring and Summer and these Reeboks are perfect for strolling around London with Louie and John.
7. H&M Wide-Cut Jumpsuit
My love for comfy jumpsuits is strongggg and this one is a new favorite. If we ever get some legitimate sun here in the UK you can count on my living in this!
6. A&F Denim Jacket
Denim jackets are one of my absolute must-haves for this time of year. They’re great for layering during the day when it’s cooler in the evening after the sun starts to go down. If you don’t already have one in your wardrobe, this is a great option!
5. Madewell 10-Inch High Waist Crop Skinny Jeans
I believe these are basically sold out, but this is another great under $90 option that’s not quite as skinny at the ankle.
4. H&M Wide-Leg Pull-On Pants
H&M has honestly been such a constant go-to of mine in the last year for all things and it’s because they rarely disappoint me. Loving theses easy pull-ons!
3. Golden Goose Superstar Sneaker
Every time I’m worried Golden Goose’s are on their way out, you girls prove me wrong with your ongoing love for them!
2. BabyBjorn Baby Carrier Mini
The fact that this carrier made it to the number two spot tells me I’m definitely not alone in my new momma season of life, which tugs on my heart strings. We really love this product and highly recommend it to any new/expecting parents.
1. Free People Be Free Mock Neck Stripe Tunic
You can never go wrong with a good tunic IMO and I absolutely love this one. It’s comfortable year-round and can be worn so many different ways!
My Personal Monthly Favorites For May
This month was a bit of a blur! I feel like it was hard to find things that stood out to me for some reason, which is what took me forever to get this post up BUT … I finally had some clear cut favorites that came to mind when I sat down AGAIN to try and come up with a list. I’m so happy I gave myself time to think instead of rushing and putting out a list that was half-hearted. Hope you enjoy this months’ list of MY personal favorites from May!
• it Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye Illumination Anti-Aging Concealer: This new-to-me beauty product rocked my world this last month! As the name suggests, it completely brightens and illuminates your under-eye area eliminating the dark circles that plague so many of us. First, I apply my skin-colored concealer under my eyes [after applying my foundation] then dab this under my eyes. A little goes a long way so be careful!
• Abercrombie & Fitch Denim Jacket: In my opinion, denim jackets are one of those things that are hard to shop for. The trend has been really large denim jackets for awhile and, since I’m petite, they just end up looking really silly on me. I like more fitted denim jackets and they’ve been hard to find over the last year or so. I finally found one that fits perfect in THIS ONE. I got an XS and it fits perfect.
• Signing New Tenancy Agreement: While there are so many things about our current home that I love, I could not be more excited to have gotten the news that our referencing had gone through and we were free to sign our tenancy agreement. We will be moving to South London in a few short weeks and I can’t wait to show you guys our new space! It’s definitely more of what we need right now!
• THIS knit dress was one I seemed to grab for quite a bit because it’s so comfortable!
• Watching Louie Grow: You guys … I did not think I was going to love being a Mom as much as I do. As much as I am NOT a morning person and don’t do well on little bits of sleep, I get so excited to see his little face in the morning. It’s crazy how they don’t seem to change too much day-to-day but you’ll look back at a video from last week and be like WHOA he looks so different. John thinks I’m crazy when I say that but it’s true hah! I just love watching him grow and being his comfort and safe place everyday. It melts my heart.
• THESE blue light glasses have been really helping with eye strain the last few weeks. You guys went crazy for them, as well!
• I’ve been needing some new hair drying towels. I only had one and it was so old and dingy looking. I snagged THESE microfiber ones that come in a pack of two and a bunch of color options!
• Easing of Restrictions: It’s crazy to think about how much time we’ve been required to stay at home [and mandated not to travel outside of our neighborhoods] since living in the U.K. I think it was about 8 or 9 months out of the first 12 months I was here. Thankfully, in April, things started to open up again slowly and, this past month, we have now been allowed to eat inside restaurants. I cannot tell you how nice that’s been!
• Like you guys, I’ve loved THIS jumpsuit again this month. I literally throw it on all the time. It is now available in a really pretty blue color that I’d recommend you snagging if you missed the beige one. I also think the black one is SO GOOD for a date night!
• Warmer Weather: While part of the reason why I wanted to move to London [aside from just having a ‘feeling’ I was supposed to be here] was for seasons, I told John “I feel like I’ve been cold for an entire year” because the Summer’s here are just so short-lived … you almost forget the last one even happened! I have been dreaming of warmer weather for awhile and am so incredibly happy that – finally – at the end of May, it truly started to feel warm enough to wear lightweight dresses!
And that rounds out May at Alyson Haley! Thanks for all the amazing support this month and I’ll see you back here at the end of June! xo.
So many stunning items, I am going to have to check some of them out!
Danielle | thereluctantblogger.co.uk