Hey there! It’s been quite some time since I did a designer handbag review [my last one was this one!], and with several requests for opinions on Fall bags, I figured this was a perfect time. If you’re looking for a Spring-specific bag for any reason, you can head to this post.
As for Fall, though, I do have a few designer favorites that I’d recommend. This time of year, I’m usually drawn to shades like brown, grey, black, and camel … oh, and the occasional winter white or cream. I’m also usually looking for a few different options in the Fall and Winter. From something small and chic that is more of an ‘occasion’ or ‘weekend’ bag to something I can lug all my work stuff and heavier Fall accessories in, and so on. I personally prefer a couple of options.
Now, that is not to say that all options of mine have to be designer – and the same goes for you. I’m well aware of the state of the world and the last thing I want is to be promoting something outside of a specific budget. I love these bags and believe in the quality of designer bags, but there are absolutely more affordable bags out there [which I’ll cover soon as well!].
But since I know a good amount of y’all have been asking questions about these particular designer bags, and I wholeheartedly love them, I did want to honor those questions with this post! Since it is a big purchase, I wanted to be as thorough as possible while covering each bag. And of course my honest opinions on why I like the bag, and a few things I might not love. I’m also sharing a few ways to style the bags. Unfortunately, I don’t have many photos with one of the bags as it’s a brand new edition but I’ll be sure to share over the next couple of weeks as I bring her out more 🙂
Now, let’s talk details ..
FEATURES: made of monogram coated canvas and calf leather, natural cowhide leather trim, microfibre lining, outside flat front pocket, inside double flat pocket, inside flat pocket, magnetic padlock closure, single handle, removable and adjustable strap.
CURRENTLY PRICED AT: $2,420
LINK TO SHOP IT: HERE
• It’s constructed with thick-coated canvas, which is very hard-wearing and durable. Plus, the stitching is impeccable.
• Can be worn as either a satchel bag or a messenger bag with the detachable crossbody strap, which is also adjustable.
• There are multiple compartments to separate items and keep your belongings organized.
• It’s much larger than most bags that can be carried as a crossbody hence the messenger style. Probably one of my favorite features and will be even more so once I’m a mom.
• The handle of the bag is treated so you don’t have to worry about protecting it from water marks.
• In my opinion, it’s the perfect everyday bag. Out of the three bags listed in today’s post, this one has gotten the most use and has gone with the most outfits styled over the past two years I’ve owned it. I’ve obviously owned it for longer, but I did want to point out just how often I’ve worn it.
• This style is one that I believe has staying power and won’t be one you wear for awhile then get bored of. The LV monogram certainly hasn’t gone out of style after all of this time and it’s one of those classic, endlessly chic patterns.
• The leather pocket and gold padlock closure both add really unique features that allow this bag to stand out in a luxe way.
• The price is certainly steep but I believe in the quality of Louis Vuitton and have been more than impressed with this bag.
• It lacks styling versatility. It looks best with very put together outfits but nothing too casual and nothing too dressy.
• It does not have feet on the bottom of the bag so it does pose a risk for damage to the leather. I am mindful of all my designer bags in general, as most people probably are, but wanted to point that out.
• The padlock on my bag has actually broken so I will be needing to get it fixed but, to be fair, I had it for two years and wore it SO much before having any issues. You’re bound to have to ensure that the quality remains up to par over time with even your most precious designer bag.
THE MARIGNAN STYLED
outfit one | outfit two | outfit three | outfit four
Sadly, the next two bags haven’t been in my collection long enough to have gotten as much time in front of the camera as my beloved Marignan but it doesn’t mean I love them any less. I am constantly going to grab these next two and know that while I don’t have as much style inspiration for them, I have a lot to say about them and encourage you to keep an eye out for them throughout the Fall and Winter season. I’ll do my best to remember to pop looks I shoot in the next few months with these bags in here for you to refer back to, as well.
FEATURES: Full-grained calf leather; Twilled lining 100% cotton; long, fully-removable gold chain for off-the-shoulder or crossbody wear; gold magnetic clasp closure; inside slit card pocket, back slit card pockets; two snaps to allow for larger opening under flap. Hand-made in Spain
CURRENTLY PRICED AT: $380
LINK TO SHOP: HERE
• I adore the unique pouch-like silhouette, beautiful craftsmanship, and superior quality.
• There are so many color options to suit different styles and preferences.
• Unbeatable price point for what you get!
• In my opinion, it’s comparable to high-end designer bags.
• For a small bag, it holds quite a bit more than just your necessities, which is always nice and more user-friendly.
• As a short girl, I appreciate that the chain isn’t too long like I’ve found on some designer bags.
• It’s super versatile and easy to wear both day and night.
• I’ll easily have opportunities to wear this bag all year round, no matter the season, due to the color I chose.
• It’s easy to retrieve items from the opening after lifting the flap but have snaps on either side to allow for making this opening larger if you prefer. When the bag is closed with snaps open, the pouch-like shape changes minimally.
None to date although I have no experience with color transfer even with the light color of mine. However, that doesn’t mean it can’t happen so be sure to use a leather protectant spray.
THE MINI STYLED
Outfit linked HERE
FEATURES: Turn-lock closure with adjustable belt, rolled top handles, expandable gussets, interior zip pocket, structured, silhouette with flat base for stability, protective metal feet, colorful plaid lining, leather.
MEASUREMENTS: My exact bag is no longer available but here are the exact dimensions
13 ½”W x 10″H x 6 ½”D
4 ¾” strap drop.
The updated version can be found HERE.
Here are the dimensions, which are SO similar:
14″W x 10″H x 8″D | Interior capacity: large | 5″ strap drop | 20″ – 23 1/2″ convertible strap drop
PRICE: $1,270 [UPDATED VERSION]
• It has a sophisticated look and silhouette, making it great as a work day bag.
• It’s also very classic in style so it will easily be a bag you will have in your collection for years. If you’re thinking about snagging your first designer bag, this is always something I like to keep in mind.
• Spacious does not even really cover how spacious the inside is! It easily fits my Ipad, passport wallet, a bottle of water, iPhone, and so much more!
• It’s made of richly grained leather and gold hardware that provide you with a durable and well-made handbag that will last for years.
• It can be worn on the crook on your arm as well as a crossbody with a removable, optional, adjustable strap.
• The wings on the top of the main compartment aren’t attached to the front and back panels of the bag. This allows for easy adjustment of the belted strap based on how much you are currently carrying. This also gives you flexibility in the overall silhouette of the bag, as well. Major pro!
• It comes in so many different colors. I chose black as a classic but again, lots of options here.
• It has protective feet on the bottom.
• It’s very similar in style to the classic Celine bags. I’d even argue that this one is much better quality and I find, even though it is heavy, I have gotten much more use out of this bag than the Celine I had [and sold].
• A little heavier than I’d prefer even without much in it.
• I’m not sure if this is a con but it isn’t necessarily sturdy. Meaning, the flexible pebbled leather, and size of the bag make it so that it works best when it’s a little full. This wouldn’t be a good choice for the days/outfits where you don’t need to carry much. When it’s empty, it almost all on to itself because of the lack of structure. Again, I usually carry this around with several things in it and bought it partially because of it’s size, but it could be a con if you don’t like to carry much.
THE BAYSWATER STYLED
Alright, loves. I think that about covers it. I tried to be as thorough as possible but as always, don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions! I know these are big purchases and I’d love to help with the decision if I can. Thanks so much for reading! xo.
I’ve thinking of getting a Polene bag that can be worn as a backpack. They are beautiful